Epilepsy: Taking Control - PATIENT EDUCATION CONFERENCE - November 19
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
228 Duffield Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Registration and Breakfast
Introductory remarks-Dr. Marcelo Lancman
Advances in the Diagnosis & Treatment of Epilepsy-Marcelo Lancman, M.D.
Obtaining Social Security Benefits-Adrienne Arkontaky, Esq.
Depression in Epilepsy: Learning How to recognize & Treat-Lorna Myers, Ph.D.
Epilepsy Life Links-Resources for people living with epilepsy in NY
Registration Table: Vivane Salamone
Epilepsy Life Links Representative: Lorna Myers, PhD
To register: call Arielle at 212-661-7460, ext 409 or register right here.
In recognition of November, Epilepsy Month, the Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group is launching several wellness initiatives for epilepsy. On November 19, we will have an artist demonstrating several simple art exercises that require inexpensive materials and can be done at home to keep you busy and mentally active. Handouts Come early; he will be there from 8:30-9:30AM.
NEREG has gone GREEN:
All presentations from the conference are available for you to download listed by presenter name. Just click and print.
• Advances in epilepsy diagnosis and treatment
• Depression in Epilepsy: how to recognize and treat it?
• Social Security Benefits for persons with epilepsy
• Resources for persons with epilepsy in New York City
NEREG has gone GREEN:
Events that were highlighted in the past
• What You Need to Know if Epilepsy has Touched Your Life - September 21 - Summit, NJ
• Epilepsy Webinar - Treating Epilepsy with surgery - Matthew Evans, DO
• What You Need to Know if Epilepsy has Touched Your Life - May 11 - Hackensack, NJ
• 4th Annual Hudson Valley Stroll for Epilepsy
• 2013 National Epilepsy Walk
• Book release: What you need to know if epilepsy has touched your life: A Guide in Plain English
• American Epilepsy Society Meeting
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - November 10 - Middletown, NY
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - November 3 - Summit, NJ
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - October 17 - Fishkill, NY
• Purple Pumpkin Project for epilepsy awareness - Hackensack, NJ
• Walk for a Brighter Tomorrow: Roosevelt Park-Edison, NJ - October 7
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - October 4 - Carmel, NY
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - September 22 - Jersey City, NJ
• Epilepsia: XV Congreso Nacional y II Encuentro Andino
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - September 15 - Hackensack, NJ
• Hudson Stroll for Epilepsy
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - May 5 - Staten Island, NY
• Epilepsy: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - April 28 - Newburgh, NY
• National Walk for Epilepsy 2012 - Washington, DC